Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Singing, oh, the hazards of love

I just have to say, the Decemberists are brilliant. I bought their new album last May, but I didn't really listen to it as it was meant to be listened to until recently. The Hazards of Love is actually a "rock opera," with a story carried throughout the entire album. The Rake's Song is probably my favorite, but that might change at some point within the next twenty times that I listen to the album. My parents actually went to see them in concert- *so* jealous. If I could choose to go to just one more concert in my life, it would be one of the Decemberists.

In other news, the semester is very nearly over. My photography teacher did his utmost to keep us in class today, despite a broken projector, classroom relocation, and computer troubles. It wasn't until the fire alarm went off that he considered letting us go, to the class' great relief. We were only one of two classes in the entirety of Franklin Terrace. I should have been packing for the past hour or so, buuuut that's what right now is for. I worked on some resubmits for Photography last night, and I'll be doing some mad art-working over break, so look for a great big Sunday blog full Thanksgiving drawing!

Have a picture of my Luna Lovegood wand.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Great Luna Wand!! How did you fill the engravements of leaves,.. black without makeing tho hole wand black? Awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the magic of wood stain :) It collected in the places I carved designs. It was actually a lot of fun, and I'm thinking of making more and opening a shop on etsy.

    ReplyDelete