Some of you may have heard about my latest forays into animation- and yet, where is the proof of it?
Here. Right here.
This is the beginnings of a short I started work on in Senior Portfolio. It's been rough goings, having redrawn almost all of the animation I had at the end of the May, if not all of it. But each time I get to a significant point in the process(clean-up, tweening, color), I find a bit more satisfaction with it all. I've got a long way to go yet- even with what's here, I saw at least five things I want to change as soon as I started thinking about posting it.
Please let me know what you think! I know the fleas could use some work, especially, where the first one lands, and I'd really like to go back through and break up the cycles so that each frame is actually hand-drawn, instead of perfectly repeated motion.
Thank you for stopping by!
Wednesday, March 23rd, I posted the re-rendered version of my midterm, Clockwork. 13 days later, I give you Clockwork Neu, a work in progress, rendered 4 days ago. Please watch both! They represent the majority of my time during the past two to three weeks.
Two, going on three weeks of straight Maya. Honestly, the hardest part was rigging, and that took up the majority of one week. As soon as I figured that out, it was go time, for about 9 or 10 straight hours. Enough talk, watch watch!
I'm presently reimagining and re-animating this entire animation, but I might re-render this version too, to fix the shadow pixelation happening there. For now, I'm reasonably happy enough to show the result!
Already it's been an exciting year! Look forward to some changes to the blog over the next few days, including a massive rehaul of the design and new art to show. I'll be posting lots of process work from my animations as well, including the design of the main character for an animation inspired by a scottish folk saying. This poor fox has been through over 40 iterations, but I thinkI finally have his look pinned down.
I'm also in the process of rebuilding the animation I worked on last year. Thankfully I was working traditionally, so all I lost in the hard drive failure was the scanned versions of each frame and the final compilation. It'll be back up in the next few days, and I'll have some sketchbook pages to show as well.